Parliament of Fools

Welcome! We fools are a mish-mash of lovers of the English language. Pull up a computer chair, and imagine with us that you're sitting by the fire in a local cafe. Sip your cyber-cappucino and discuss with us your thoughts on our latest reading assignment. Hopefully we'll experience all the joy of reading together, without the cost of Starbucks.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ok, since Twylah insisted...

I will chose the first book. I think we should read "The Things They Carried" in the collection by the same title. It pretty short, so we can get through it quickly, and it'll build our confidence.

I do warn that there is language and violence, but it's a war story so it's not gratuitous. I'd rate it pg-13.

If you all object I'll suggest something else, I have other things in mind that I'd like to read as a group.

So let me know what you think down there in the comments box. I think that we can give it about a week to find the book, and less than a week to read it. It's really short.

Have fun!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Mutti said…

    I requested a copy through inter-library loan today.

    Eagerly, Mutti

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Queen of Carrots said…

    Arrghh! I'm trying to track down a copy, and the library search software is not working this week! I'll keep after it, though. Sounds fascinating.

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Queen of Carrots said…

    I couldn't get a print copy before the end of August, so I'm trying the digital recorded books feature at my library. Ought to be an interesting challenge since I'm not a very good listener. But we'll give it a shot in the next couple of days.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger TKls2myhrt said…

    I don't follow directions very well... I am reading the ENTIRE book and just now noticed that you just said the title chapter. Oh well, it's not wasted effort. The story about going to Canada is NOT to be missed.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Devona said…

    I'm glad everyone is reading along. And the entire book is excellent.

    I read it when I had pneumonia right before Rob and I were engaged. It only took me about 2 and a half days to read the entie book.

    It will definitely not be a wasted effort, and it helps you to understand the short story even better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home