Parliament of Fools

Welcome! We fools are a mish-mash of lovers of the English language. Pull up a computer chair, and imagine with us that you're sitting by the fire in a local cafe. Sip your cyber-cappucino and discuss with us your thoughts on our latest reading assignment. Hopefully we'll experience all the joy of reading together, without the cost of Starbucks.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Five Books

I hate doing things like this, because I'm never satified with my answers!

(1) the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - a long-time favorite. Teaching it to my third graders last year was a true pleasure.

(2) My Name is Asher Lev/The Gift of Asher Lev by Chaim Potok - one of the best pictures of the intersection of faith and life in literature.

(3) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - my favorite book that was introduced to me because it was required reading

(4) The Brother's Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book.

(5) The Great Brain series - by John D. Fitzgerald - childhood favorites.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home